We all know how difficult it is to stick to a healthy diet and lose weight. But what if you could enjoy all of your favourite healthy treats – including cakes, cookies and ice cream – without them having a seriously negative impact on your health? Guilt-Free Desserts is a collection of recipes for desserts in which the harmful and unhealthy ingredients have been replaced with alternatives that are much better for you.
This book contains a collection of recipes which claim to be just as delicious as the originals – yet containing much fewer unhealthy ingredients. Let’s take a look into Guilt-Free Desserts and see what it is about and what benefits the book has to offer.
What Is Guilt-Free Desserts?
One of the first things you are probably thinking about a book like this is “Those desserts must taste terrible.” That’s how many people think – if something is healthy it can’t possibly taste good.
However, this is a myth that you would do well to drop from your mind completely. In fact, it is completely possible to bake something that tastes delicious yet is healthy. There are many recipes in this book that are low in sugar, low in fat, low in calories, high in protein and high in fibre while still being lip-smackingly tasty. When you know what you are doing in the kitchen, it is completely possible.
The book covers 50 great starter recipes for healthy dessert foods, including lots of popular favourites such as carrot cake cupcakes, chocolate coconut truffles, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, mint chip ice cream and much more.
About the Author
Kelley Herring is the woman behind the Guilt-Free Desserts book. She is quite a well known name in the world of health and nutrition. Here are some important things that you should know about her:
- She is the CEO and founder of the company Healing Gourmet, which is the world’s leading provider of healthy recipes and meal plans for people with medical conditions or those who are losing weight.
- Kelley has also written a four book series published by McGraw-Hill that includes Eat to Beat Diabetes, Eat to Fight Cancer, Eat to Lower Cholesterol and Eat to Boost Fertility.
- She has more than 10 years of experience helping people to improve their diet and use food for better health and protection against disease.
- She has helped thousands of people to achieve their weight loss goals and improve their health.
An Overview of Guilt-Free Desserts Book
To put it incredibly simply – the recipes in Guilt-Free Desserts taste just as good as the “naughty” unhealthy recipes, but they contain none of the bad stuff. Kelley took out any ingredient that was refined or unnatural, such as fats and sugars. Then, she substituted these ingredients with healthy fats, protein and fiber. This means that the recipes will keep you feeling fuller for longer and will not cause your blood sugar to spike.
You will also learn about:
- Natural sweeteners that you can use instead of sugar so that you can get a great flavour without the blood sugar spikes or the calories.
- How to cook with different flours that have a lower glycemic index than white flour.
- A guide to healthy fats for baking, so that you can make your treats taste decadent without being too detrimental.
- How to add extra fiber to your desserts so that you can enjoy the benefits of this without affecting the flavour.
- How you can bind together baked goods without using eggs.
- You will learn about using “Metabolic Power Ingredients” to keep your blood sugar stable. This will help to promote the feeling of fullness, so that you won’t be craving more food immediately later.
The book also comes with a few special extras, such as a guide to healthy appetizers, a book that teaches you how to make healthy versions of Girl Scout Cookies and much more.
The Benefits You Will Get From Guilt-Free Desserts
So what makes this book great and what benefits does it have to offer? Here are some of the perks of Guilt-Free Desserts:
- There is a wide range of recipes so you will have a good chance of finding something that you enjoy. You can find nearly anything in this book, from cupcakes to cookies to ice cream to pumpkin pie to brownies and much more.
- The desserts not only have healthier ingredients, but they actually taste good. You will find that you don’t even notice the difference between these desserts and the unhealthy kind.
- You don’t have to go hunting around to a lot of specialty stores to find ingredients – they are common ingredients that can be found in any supermarket.
- The recipes don’t contain artificial colours and flavourings, which means that they are much better for your health.
- The book is quite affordable and for the number of recipes it offers, it’s great value for money.
- All of the calorie and nutritional information is provided, so if you are tracking your calories via a weight loss app such as MyFitnessPal you will be able to record your food easily.
- The recipes will not cause fluctuations in your blood sugar, so you won’t experience cravings, crashes and other detrimental effects.
- Many people find that cutting out desserts completely doesn’t work and their will-power eventually fades. It is much more sustainable to practice moderation and to eat a healthy diet most of the time, with a few treats every now and then. If you bake these desserts you will be able to enjoy an indulgence that is much better for your body.
If you want to be able to enjoy delicious treats guilt free, why not give the Guilt-Free Desserts book a try? The good thing to know about it is that it comes with a 60-day money back guarantee, so if you are not happy with it you can simply get your money back. What do you have to lose?