Toned in Ten is a fitness program that is a little bit different than all of the others that are advertised online. Most fitness plans involve spending hours in the gym – but this one doesn’t. In fact, it insists that there is no reason to spend hours jogging away on the treadmill and that long cardio workouts actually put stress on your ligaments and leave you feeling aged and tired.
Toned in Ten explains how you don’t have to do lengthy and boring cardio to burn fat – instead you can exercise for only 10 minutes per day and achieve results. It’s all about working smarter rather than working harder. If you have been slogging away at the gym doing hours of cardio and trying to eat low fat foods, while not seeing results, this book might be for you.
So, what is the secret about Toned in Ten? What exercise can you do in 10 minutes that will achieve better results than jogging on a treadmill for an hour? Let’s look closer into the program and find out.
What is Toned in Ten About?
How could you really lose weight and tone muscle in only 10 minutes per day? It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? Here are the important things you need to know about this program:
- The main point of the program is High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT for short.
- This means that although you are only exercising for 10 minutes, you are 100% going for it. You’re doing demanding movements and working at your full capacity.
- It’s very hard, but only for a short time. If you can last the ten minutes, you can collapse into a sweaty mess on the floor and not have to exercise at all for the rest of the day.
- According to the theory, 10 minutes of intense exercise is much more effective than spending a long time slowly chugging away on the treadmill.
- Plus, when you finish a HIIT workout your body will be in super fat-burning mode, which means that you will continue to burn calories for a couple of hours after your workout.
Who is the Author of Toned in Ten?
The author of this program is a woman named Erin Nielsen. She is a 42 year old Physical Therapist, but you wouldn’t know that from looking at her – you would assume she is in her 20s! She does HIIT and it obviously works for her, keeping her lean and toned and looking more youthful than her years.
She has a lot of experience in the fitness industry – she has been a Physical Therapist for the last 18 years and she has created a number of comprehensive and customized rehabilitative fitness programs for many different individuals. She is also a Primal Blueprint Certified Expert and a Pilates Instructor. She is truly passionate about helping people to look and feel healthy, strong, happy and free of pain.
Summary of Toned in Ten
So what does the program include? Here are the main components that you will receive when you download the program:
- The guide to the 10 minute workouts, including pictures and follow along videos of the specific techniques.
- A nutrition guide that will teach you how to eat healthy so that you can achieve maximum results.
- A bonus guide to “Youthful Secrets” that Erin uses to look younger.
- A grocery shopping list, so that you can eliminate confusion at the store and know what to buy.
The Benefits of Toned in Ten
Ok, so what are the benefits to this type of exercise? It turns out there have been quite a few studies related to high intensity interval training that show just how effective they really are. Here are some of the benefits of the HIIT workouts that are featured in Toned in Ten:
- It takes less time for a workout, so even if you have a busy schedule you can still stick to your routine.
- HIIT is more enjoyable than spending a long time doing low-intensity exercise. If you enjoy your workouts, you are more likely to do them.
- Studies have shown that high intensity workouts can boost your endurance and your overall health, including improving your blood pressure and increasing your mitochondria counts which help to fuel your body and brain.
- HIIT is also great for your heart. It improves the flexibility of your veins and arteries. Not only is it safe, it is in fact easier to tolerate than a more moderate workout in people who have coronary artery disease.
- With HIIT you will look younger. The shorter burst workouts don’t cause excessive oxidative damage and will not age your skin prematurely.
- When you participate in a high intensity workout your body’s repair cycle goes into hyperdrive, which means in 24 hours after a HIIT workout your body is still burning calories and fat at an increased pace.
- Plus, there is no equipment necessary in a HIIT workout and you don’t have to do it at a gym. You just need a little bit of open space – enough room to do jumping jacks and burpees.
- Because you are constantly pushing yourself to the limits of your ability, your workouts are always challenging and interesting.
So, if you are prepared to work as hard as you can for only 10 minutes per day, the Toned in Ten program promises that you will have incredible results. It claims that with the exercises outlined in the program you will be able to achieve more in 10 minutes per day than you would in 30-60 minutes per day doing any other type of exercise.
If you are curious and just want to give it a try, keep in mind that it comes with a 60 day guarantee. So, if it really doesn’t work for you in the first 2 months, you can get your money back no questions asked. With no risk involved, there really is no reason why you wouldn’t try HIIT and see if this effective form of exercising works for you.